Jobs for Virginia Graduates
President and CEO Announcement
Jobs for Virginia Graduates, Inc. (JVG) is seeking applications for the position of President & CEO. JVG is incorporated as a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with the purpose of serving Virginia’s most disadvantaged and at-risk youth in graduating high school and transitioning from school to work.
Building on the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) national model, and led by a public-private sector Board of Directors with the Department of Education, JVG is one of the state’s initiatives for reducing the dropout rate and improving school to work transition. JVG functions through Virginia’s public school system, and in concert with state employment programs. Our mission is to identify high school students who face barriers to education, and to guide each one on to a successful path toward continued education, a meaningful career, and productive adulthood.
For twenty-one consecutive years, JVG has received the JAG highest national honor bestowed on a state affiliate, the “Five of Five” High-Performance Award for State Organizations. Virginia has received the award every year of eligibility. The recognition is based on meeting or exceeding all five core performance goals established by our national affiliate, Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG).
JVG is looking for an individual who can provide leadership, advocacy, marketing, fundraising, mentoring, and speaking skills. The President and CEO is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the JAG accredited organization and the systems and people that are essential in operating one or more of the program applications that are based upon the JAG Model.
- Should be prepared to provide the leadership in implementing an organization that satisfies JAG standards.
- Capable of securing funding, managing a staff, and providing leadership to a private, non-profit corporation that is highly accountable and sensitive to the needs of both the education and employment communities.
- Should be effective in forging partnerships with the educational community and the private sector to gain maximum benefits for those served by the program.
- Recruit and maintain a full and active Board of Directors.
- Conduct periodic visits of program sites monitoring the progress and assisting Job Specialists.
- Attend the Virginia General Assembly as an advocate to legislators.
- Promote the JVG program across the state.
- Set and achieve fundraising goals, solicit contributions and grant opportunities.
- Organize and supervise special events.
- Oversee and maintain an accounting system and acceptable procedures to track revenue and expenses, and ensure annual external audit process.
Interested candidates should contact Barry Glenn at email@example.com. Please include Resume, Statement of Educational Philosophy, and Salary and Benefits requirements. Position will begin on July 1, 2020.